WELCOME TO OUR PRACTICE
Where you will find a warm friendly welcome from all the members of our team. We are proud of our customer care from the dedication of our reception staff, quality of care provided by our dentists, nurses, hygienist and therapist and the relaxing atmosphere provided in our lovely restored Victorian premises.
PROMISES AND EXPECTATIONS
We promise to:
- Do our very best in all aspects of the care you receive
- Tell you in advance of the cost of treatment
- Listen when you talk
- Apologise and make amends if we let you down
- Do our best to keep to time and keep you informed of any delays that arise
- Treat you with respect and understanding
We ask you to:
- Arrive in good time for your appointments
- Let us know if something upsets you so that we can apologise and have a chance to put it right
- Pay for treatments when requested to do so
- Recommend us to friends and relatives if you like what we do
- Treat us with respect and understanding
Please click here to view our complaints procedure
Our Dental Team is regulated by the General Dental Council
The council requires us to:
- Put patients’ interests first.
- Communicate effectively with patients.
- Obtain patients’ valid consent.
- Maintain and protect patients’ information.
- Have a clear and effective complaints procedure.
- Work with colleagues in a way that is in patients’ best interests.
- Maintain, develop and work within our professional knowledge and skills.
- Raise concerns if patients are at risk.
- Make sure our personal behavior maintains patients’ confidence in the dental profession.
THE DISTINCTIVE DENTISTRY EXAMINATION
- We will listen to your concerns; we will take time to find out about you and your reasons for coming to see us.
- We will not be rushed and care will be taken to check the health of your teeth, gums and existing restorations.
- We will check your soft tissues for signs of disease, including oral cancer. We will take x-rays if they are needed to provide a thorough examination.
- Time will be taken to discuss our findings and your concerns, either with the health of your teeth or your smile.
- Together we will make a plan of treatment that is right for you.
- You will be fully informed of the costs of any treatment before committing yourself to them and all payment options will be discussed.
- Click here to view the information for patients requiring dental radiographs
All of the team at Distinctive Dentistry are committed to continually improving their knowledge and undertake many hours of continual professional development each year.
We are successful members of the British Dental Association’s Good Practice Scheme and Denplan Excel. These are both thorough quality assurance programs which test all of our procedures and systems at Distinctive Dentistry.
All of our equipment is maintained and serviced as advised by the appropriate bodies. Rest assured that your safety is paramount to us.
Data Protection and Confidentiality
At Distinctive Dentistry Ltd, we take great care with all the personal data we hold, to ensure we comply with best professional practice and with the law. For a full copy of our Data Privacy notice please ask at reception, ask any member of staff, see our files in the patient lounges, access it via our website or see our welcome pack.
Our reception staff are available by phone, in person or via our website to help you with any queries you may have relating to your care or to arrange appointments or help with administration.
Our usual opening hours are Mon-Fri 8.45am – 5.30 pm.
We also open Sat am for some treatments.
If you are unable to keep an appointment please give us as much notice as possible so that we can offer the appointment to another client. We usually make a charge for appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice unless we are able to fill the slot. Some appointments may also require the payment of a non-refundable deposit to secure them.
We have disabled access to a ground floor surgery and toilet facilities.
Some of the equipment in our practice has weight tolerance limits. The safe weight limit of our dental chairs is 22 stones. To enable us to provide care for you safely please advise a member of staff if your weight exceeds this, we have arrangements in place for your care. We hope you understand that these questions are important to establish how best to provide our patient's with treatment that meets their needs.
For the convenience of patient's with hearing impairments we now have an induction loop for your use.
Please ask if you need any further advice on accessing our services.
PAYING FOR YOUR DENTAL TREATMENT
We require payment for treatment when it is provided. We accept cash, cheque and credit/debit cards. Although you are welcome to attend on an ad hoc basis, most of our patients prefer to become members of the practice. Members pay a monthly fee. They benefit from examinations and hygiene care free of charge. Any other care they need benefits from a 20% discount from our usual fees. For those who prefer a more comprehensive plan we offer Denplan Care. Please ask for further information on either plan.
In an emergency we will always endeavour to see you during the same day. Please contact us as early as possible so that we are able to allocate you one of our dedicated appointments.
Out of hours please call our telephone answering service which will give you the information needed to access a dentist for advice and help if needed.